James E. Amburgey, Ph.D.
- Drinking water (treatment processes, plant design, control systems, and optimization).
- Environmental monitoring, pathogen and bioterrorism detection methods.
- Recreational water quality and treatment, UV disinfection, bioadhesion, interparticle forces, granular media filtration, coagulation, backwashing, filtration modeling, biological filtration, membrane treatment processes, water reuse, pathogen removal, removal of trace organic contaminants, dispersant and surfactant treatment technologies, analytical chemistry, and industrial water treatment/pollution control.
James D. Bowen, Ph.D.
- Water quality and eutrophication modeling
- Numerical modeling of wastewater treatment plants
- Greenhouse gas emission assessments for wastewater treatment plants
- Effects of microscale fluid motions around phytoplankton cells
- Predicting harmful algal blooms.
Olya Keen, Ph.D.
- Emerging contaminants (detection, fate, treatment, environmental and human health effects)
- Advanced wastewater treatment and water reuse
- UV based technologies (photolysis, advanced oxidation)
Xiuli Lin, Ph.D
Environmental Lab Manager / Faculty Associate
- LC, LC-MS/MS method development and analysis of most organic polar compounds.
- GC/FID, GC-MS method development and analysis of volatile and semi-volatile compounds.
- Quantitatively measure the elemental content of a material using ICP-MS.
- Measure concentrations of major anions, such as fluoride, chloride, nitrate, nitrite, and sulfate and some cations using IC.
- Measure total organic carbon by Total organic carbon analyzer (TOC).
Mariya Munir, Ph.D
- Microbial water quality and public health issues, Antibiotic resistance in water and soil environment
- Detection, removal and inactivation of emerging biological and chemical contaminants in water and wastewater systems, drinking water treatment technologies
- Sustainability and green energy technologies
William L. Saunders, Jr., Ph.D., P.E.
Lecturer / Undergraduate Director
- Environmental Engineering Stormwater Management – Low Impact Design and Best Management Practices
- Hydrology and Hydraulics
Mei Sun, Ph.D
- Innovative Water/wastewater treatment technologies
- Contaminant fate, transport, and degradation in various environmental matrices
- Subsurface remediation
- Water chemistry, environmental electrochemistry, catalytic chemistry and biogeochemistry
Jy S. Wu, Ph.D., P.E., P.H.
Professor / INES Director
- Infrastructure and Environmental Systems
- Energy and the Environment
- Disaster Research and Management
- Watershed Management and Modeling
- Wastewater and Industrial Waste management