John L. Daniels, D.Eng., P.E.
Professor / Department Chair
- Geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering testing of materials
- Barrier material durability and improvement
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Subsurface contaminant transport
- Public policy and technology transfer
Rajaram Janardhanam, Ph.D.
- Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Liquefaction of Soils
- Pollution Migration Through Soils
- Flowable Flyash
- Roller Compacted Concrete
- Constuction Material and Engineering
Milind V. Khire, Ph.D., P.E.
- Waste containment Systems (Landfills)
- Field-scale testing of soil, water, and waste systems
- Hydraulic and Thermal properties of soil and waste
- Electrochemical treatment of water contaminated with organic chemicals
- Hydrology of Green Roofs
Vincent (Tobi) Ogunro, Ph.D.
- Environmental, Geoenvironmental & Geotechnical Engineering and long-term deterioration of waste containment systems
- Waste containment barrier material properties and durability
- Geosynthetics in Reinforced Structures & Waste Containment Systems
- Leachability processes of contaminants from materials
- Utilization of Wastes as Construction Materials
Miguel Pando, Ph.D., P.Eng.
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Stability of slopes
- Analysis and design of earth dams
- Liquefaction and geotechnical earthquake engineering
- Measurement of soil and rock properties
Youngjin Park, Ph.D.
EPIC Engineer / Faculty Associate
- Instrumentation of large-scale structures
- Development and improvement of data collection and visualization
- Development of new types of laboratory equipment and testing methods
- Fundamental soil behavior using advanced sensor technology
- Soil and rock characterization
Kimberly Warren, Ph.D.
- Innovative soil reinforcement and improvement techniques
- Long term performance of geosynthetics in roadways, earth retaining structures, and embankments
- Use of instrumentation to monitor the field performance of civil engineering structures constructed with geosynthetic inclusions
- Full scale field demonstrations of innovative technologies
- Laboratory testing and performance evaluation of geosynthetic materials
- Use of innovative materials and techniques to optimize design and minimize construction costs and long term maintenance costs