Nicole Braxtan, Ph.D
- Structural components and systems in fire
- Fire protection for buildings and bridges
- Energy infrastructure and systems
- Seismic performance and design
- Sustainable construction and green buildings
- Engineering education
Shen-En Chen, Ph.D., P.E.
- Power transmission structures
- Carbon storage in geological formations
- Remote sensing for bridge monitoring
- Forensic investigation
Janos Gergely, Ph.D., S.E. (IL), P.E.
- Structural rehabilitation using fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites
- Advanced construction materials
- Seismic design and analysis of structures
- Nonlinear analysis of buildings and bridges
Brett Q. Tempest, Ph.D.
- Advanced Concrete Materials
- Sustainable Design
- Concrete Durability
- Low Energy Construction Materials
- Geopolymer Concretes
David C. Weggel, Ph.D., P.E.
- Response of structures subjected to extreme loading (blast, wind, seismic, wave)
- Nonlinear static/dynamic analysis of structures
- Advanced engineering materials
- Experimental structural investigations
- Wavelet-based signal diagnostics
Matthew J. Whelan, Ph.D.
- Embedded and Wireless Sensor Design for Structural, Substructural, and Industrial Applications
- Structural Health Monitoring and Experimental Diagnostics
- Intelligent Infrastructure Systems and Long-Term Bridge Management
- Low-Power RF Networks for Terrestial and Underground Sensing Applications
- Experimental Modal Analysis, System Identification, Structural Identification
David T. Young, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor / Associate Director of EPIC
- Experimental investigation of new building products
- Experimental evaluation of high-performance materials
- Nondestructive sensing for structural integrity