- Microbial water quality and public health issues, Antibiotic resistance in water and soil environment
- Detection, removal and inactivation of emerging biological and chemical contaminants in water and wastewater systems, drinking water treatment technologies
- Sustainability and green energy technologies
Honors & Awards:
- Outstanding PhD student award (2014/2015) in Environmental Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Michigan State University, MI, based on research, teaching and service accomplishments.
- Outstanding M.S. student Award (2010) in Environmental Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Michigan State University, MI.
- First Place poster presentation award (2014) for presenting a poster at Sixth Annual Graduate Academic Conference (GAC) organized by Council of Graduate Students (COGS), Michigan State University, MI.
- Third Place poster award (2015) for a poster presented at Engineering Research Symposium, Michigan State University, MI.