Academic advising is an integral part of any student’s education. Thus in our department, ALL CEGR Undergraduate students are required to meet with their advisor each semester to verify that they will be enrolling in the correct classes in the following semester.
Helpful Academic Advising Links:
Graduating seniors must apply for graduation before the end of the drop/add period during their final semester.
Transfer students can view this website to see how courses completed at other institutions will transfer to UNC Charlotte.
To be eligible for admission to CEE, transfer students must:
- have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better, and
- have completed math coursework at least through precalculus (MATH 1103).
All Transfer students (including second degree students) admitted to CEE are required to attend a Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) session prior to their first semester of classes. Visit the SOAR website for more information and to register for a SOAR session. During the transfer student’s first semester of classes, the department will assign an academic advisor and notify the student.
All freshman engineering students are advised College of Engineering Advising.
Sophomores, Junior, and Senior CEE Students:
Sophomore, junior, and senior civil and environmental engineering students are advised by faculty and staff of our department. Departmental academic advising occurs each semester during the two weeks prior to the start of registration. Students are notified of the dates via email. Next, students sign up for an advising appointment with their advisor...appointments are scheduled according to the advisors discretion.
Students are required to bring the following forms to their advising appointment:
- Academic Plan: Students are expected to save an electronic copy of the Academic Plan and fill in the semester that each course will be completed. Saving the Academic Plan will enable students to review it and make changes each semester prior to the advising appointment.
- Schedule Request Form: Students should enter the courses that they wish to enroll in during the upcoming semester and save a copy. Your advisor will keep the hard copy of the Schedule Request Form. Schedule Request Forms are also available in Cameron Hall outside of Cameron 138.
- Degree Evaluation (click here for instructions on how to view and print the Degree Evaluation). Students must print out a copy of their Degree Evaluation and bring it to their advising appointment.
During the advising appointment, your advisor will review your completed coursework and the Schedule Request Form to make sure the student will be enrolling in the correct courses during the upcoming semester. Students should ask any questions regarding courses, the B.S.C.E. plan of study, grades, GPA, career advice, or anything related to their education.
Students admitted as University College (UCOL) students are advised by the University Advising Center. View the University Advising Center's website for more information.
Tuition Surcharge: A twenty-five percent (25%) tuition surcharge will be imposed on students who take more than 140 degree credit hours to complete a baccalaureate degree in a four-year program. Effective fall, 2010, the tuition surcharge will increase to 50%. Go to the Registrar's website for more information about the Tuition Surcharge.