Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D.,Georgia Institute of Technology, Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2002
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2000
- B.S.C.E., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Civil Engineering, 1998
- Drinking water (treatment processes, plant design, control systems, and optimization).
- Environmental monitoring, pathogen and bioterrorism detection methods.
- Recreational water quality and treatment, UV disinfection, bioadhesion, interparticle forces, granular media filtration, coagulation, backwashing, filtration modeling, biological filtration, membrane treatment processes, water reuse, pathogen removal, removal of trace organic contaminants, dispersant and surfactant treatment technologies, analytical chemistry, and industrial water treatment/pollution control.