Qualified students may apply for early-entry into the graduate program in Civil Engineering during their junior or senior year. If accepted, students may take these optional courses for graduate credit and to begin work on their master's degree while completing their undergraduate degree. Additionally, early-entry students may apply up to 9 credits of approved graduate coursework as electives toward their undergraduate degree (double count).
Early-Entry to Master's Program in Civil Engineering
- A student may be accepted into the early-entry program at any time after completion of at least 75 semester hours of undergraduate work applicable to an appropriate degree. Admission must be approved by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Full admission to the graduate program is conditional pending the awarding of the undergraduate degree.
- In order to be accepted into the program a student must have at least a 3.2 overall grade point average and a 3.2 grade point average in the student's
major. The successful applicant must have taken the appropriate standardized test and earned acceptable scores.
- While in the early-entry program, a student mustmaintain a 3.0 overall grade point average through completion of the baccalaureate degree in order to
remain in the graduate program.
- Students accepted into the early-entry program will be subject to the same policies that pertain to othermatriculated graduate students. Early-entry students must finish their undergraduate degree before they complete 15 hours of graduate work.
For questions about the early entry program, please email:
- Dr. Olya Keen, Graduate Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org